In order to ensure we work with you to maximise the success of your viewings we have also prepared a thorough checklist of things you can do prior to a viewing. Speak to us about anything you would like explained further and always ask us if there is something we can do to make the process easier, we accompany all viewings unless otherwise arranged. Viewings are our forte!
Our Viewing Day checklist for Sellers & Landlords:
- A quick tidy up including a vacuum and sweep is a good start
- Tidy your entrance and water any pots you have to make things looked cared for
- Remove any post or flyers
- Consider opening windows to air your home out, let us know and we will ensure we have shut these afterwards
- Make the beds. You'd be surprised how many people forget this!
- Have the dog taken out for a walk or left with a friend. Let us know about any cats – if they can be outside for the viewing even better but at least if we are aware of where they might be we can ensure we move quickly past them.
- Clear all dishes and clutter from the kitchen and put out fresh clean tea towels
- A clean oven is always a good idea prior to viewings as people often open the oven
- Empty all your bins and bring in any street bins and recycling
- Ensure wet towels are in the wash and put out fresh folded towels in the bathroom
- In the winter months ensure the heating is on well before the viewing and definitely light the fire if you have one. In the hotter months ensure we are able to open windows should your home need fresh air.
- Box up any clutter that has accumulated and pop it in your car if nowhere else!
- Leave any necessary keys out for us in a pre-arranged spot - window, back door, garage and loft keys etc
- Turn all your house lights on and remember any under bench kitchen lighting, porch lights & garden lighting – we will do this on arrival even during the day but great if you have beaten us to it.
- Consider Home Staging if you really want a huge impact - chat this through with us in more detail
- If you have a parking space consider moving your car so viewers can park in your space – this will make their experience more enjoyable and put them in a good mood to view your property
- A fresh vase of flowers does wonders as does lighting a scented candle, it might sound a bit cliché but fresh coffee really does smell great and can often mask any recent food smells.